Wednesday, February 20, 2013

8 Ways to Make a Kid's Day

So you might be wondering, "why the mini-challenges? How will they help me?".

Here's what I think... once a week I want you to spend time spreading a little sunshine, a little happiness to someone else.  I believe that we need to take a moment to step away from our own fears, our own insecurities and self- doubt and practice being the person who lifts other people up. 

JUST FOR FUN

Not because we have to, or because we feel some obligation but for the pure enjoyment 
of making another person smile.

This week I want you to make a kid's day.  Any kid- use your own or borrow someone else's.  Here are a few ways to do it... please add your own suggestions in the comments.

1. Make a list of "5 things I love about______" and hang it on their bedroom door.  For no reason.

2. Include a happy little note in their lunchbox.
(If you always remember to say "I love you", try "I'm proud of you.")

3. Mail them a card.  Even if you live in the same house.

4. Make your little one a video (use your phone or computer).  Tell them why you think they're awesome.  Feel free to be silly.

5. Send an older kid an e-mail or text  that simply says, "You're Awesome".

6.  Get up a little early & make their favorite breakfast.  Everyone will head out the door smiling.

7.  Check out their favorite book from the library.  Read it and start chatting about it.

8.  Watch a funny YouTube video together. 

Try this one...


1 comment:

  1. Great ideas. :) I'll have to remember these for when my son's old enough to enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete